CQUni CareerHub Terms and Conditions
All registrations and employment vacancies submitted to CQUni CareerHub must be approved by CQUni Careers. Processing occurs Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm. We aim to process requests in a timely manner.
CQUni Careers reserves the right to refuse or withdraw any employer or advertisement from CQUni CareerHub for any reason without notice. In particular this right will be exercised when a complaint has been received concerning a particular vacancy/individual/organisation. The interests, well-being and reputation of our students, staff and CQUniversity are our central priority.
CQUni CareerHub is a self-service online system. Employers, agencies or third party recruiters are expected to register and lodge their own jobs.
It is the responsibility of the employer, agency or third party recruiter to ensure that any advertisement submitted by them complies with the relevant legislative requirements:
- Workplace Relations Act 1996
- Equal Opportunity Act 1995
- Racial Discrimination Act 1075
- Trade Practices Act 1974
- Privacy Act 1988
- Sex Discrimination Act 1984
- Disability Discrimination Act 1994
- Age Discrimination Act 2004
- As well as the applicable anti-discrimination and fair trade laws in the advertiser’s State or Territory of operation.
Registered businesses and organisations that recruit students or graduates for paid employment; registered charities, non-profit organisations, volunteering organisations and industry associations; and recruitment agencies and similar that recruit on behalf of other organisations will be required to supply the following information when registering on CQUni CareerHub:
- Organisation name
- ABN or Business number
- A 150 word description of your organisation (please provide as much detail as possible as this information will be visible to students)
- Organisation type
- Number of employees
- Scope of operations
- Postal address
- Industries your organisation operates in
- The contact details for a primary contact person
Individuals not representing a registered business (e.g. householders, parents or students offering home based jobs like tutoring or gardening) will be required to supply the following information when registering on CQUni CareerHub:
- First name
- Last name
- Phone or mobile number
- Address (not displayed to students)
All job vacancy listings will require the following information:
- Position title
- Application closing date
- Expected commencement date
- Number of positions available
- Remuneration/pay rate
- Contract type
- Contract hours
- Summary of the position to display in search results
- An informative description of the position – e.g. duties/responsibilities, required skills/experience, degree areas targeted, working hours/days, frequency of work.
- How to apply e.g. email CV, plus a contact name, phone number, email or postal address as appropriate.
- Type of work which best describes your position
- Occupation (i.e. student study area) from which you want to attract the most applicants
- Campus from which you want to attract the most applicants
Work Experience and Internships
The Fair Work Act 2009 requires that students are paid at least the minimum wage for work experience undertaken within organisations unless the work is undertaken as a vocational placement or is classified as voluntary work.
For a placement to meet the requirements of a ‘vocational placement’, it must be undertaken as part of a subject or a course or alternatively be classified as voluntary work. The consequences of an unpaid placement not falling within these exemptions under the Fair Work Act is that the student is deemed to be an employee and is legally entitled to at least minimum wage.
Employers are encouraged to review the guidelines around unpaid internships and work experience to structure their internships appropriately. Information is available at https://www.fairwork.gov.au/pay/unpaid-work
CQUni Careers and its staff will not be liable to advertisers and recruiters in respect of any loss or damage which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly in respect of services supplied by CQUni Careers.
Advertisers agree to indemnify CQUni Careers and staff against all liabilities, costs, action and charges incurred by CQUni Careers as a result of an advertiser’s use of CQUni CareerHub.
The approval of your organisation or advertisement on the CQUni CareerHub site is in no way meant as a recommendation or endorsement by CQUniversity.
Employers and individuals advertising on CQUni CareerHub must abide by these Terms and Conditions.
Use of data
CQUniversity may use the information provided to CQUni Careers by advertisers to:
- Update them about CQUni CareerHub
- Clarify job details as necessary
- Alert them to other services to facilitate recruitment
- Send career-related/employment notices
- Undertake labour market research
- Assist in managing the CQUni CareerHub service
- Liaise with CQUniversity and its students
- Undertake cross promotion on other internal CQUniversity platforms
- Conduct syndicated or sponsored research on behalf of or in the direct interest of CQUniversity’s strategic purposes.